Mayor raises £25,000 for local charities

Outgoing Mayor Northolt West End Councillor Mike Elliott has raised a grand total of £25,000 for local charities.
The Kids Ealing Young Carers Project; Parents of Ealing Self-Help Training Scheme (PESTS); and, Alzheimer's Concern each received £7,000 at a celebratory party on Saturday 13 May.
More than 60 people attended the party at the Town Hall to see the presentation of cheques and hear the Mayor give an insight into his past year.
Speaking after the event, Councillor Elliott said: “I have had a wonderful year representing Ealing in the Mayoral role. I have met so many wonderful people and I hope that I have been able to make a positive difference to life in this diverse and vibrant borough. Raising £25,000 for local charities is the icing on the cake.”
Regional Director for Kids London Angela Woodley said: “We are delighted that the Mayor has supported the Kids Ealing Young Carers Project in this way. We look forward to being able to enhance the work we do with young carers in the London Borough of Ealing area – this money really will help to make a difference to their lives.”
The remaining £4,000 was spent during the year hosting two parties for more than 600 of the borough's older persons.
Northolt Councillor Mike Elliott ends his time as Mayor on Tuesday 23rd May.

<< Home